For fast, FREE UK delivery on most orders, discover the perfect mud kitchen for kids at Outdoor Toys! We stock only the best outdoor mud kitchens made from solid wood so your kids can have endless hours of messy fun.
What is a mud kitchen?
A mud kitchen is a dedicated space where your child can take mud pies to a whole new level. Your children can use the space to mix dirt, water, petals, leaves and anything else they might find around the yard or garden.
This unique outdoor play environment combines real-life utensils with an interactive and fun outdoor kitchen to help improve and develop sensory and social skills in children and toddlers, similar to a traditional sand pit.
Benefits of mud kitchens for kids:
- Creative play: Mud kitchens encourage kids to use their imaginations and creativity. They can come up with all sorts of different mud-based recipes and games.
- Sensory play: Mud kitchens provide kids with a variety of sensory experiences. They can feel the different textures of mud, smell the different aromas, and taste the different flavours (if they're brave enough!).
- Learning about the natural world: Mud kitchens help kids to learn about the natural world. They can learn about the different properties of mud, and how it can be used to create different things.
- Physical activity: Mud kitchens can also help kids to get some physical activity. Stirring mud, mixing ingredients, and carrying buckets of water all require some muscle power.
- Social interaction: Mud kitchens can also be a great way for kids to socialise and play together. They can work together to create mud pies, cook pretend meals, and clean up afterwards.
What types of mud kitchens are available?
We currently offer two all-weather wooden mud kitchens for kids.
The Rebo Muddy Mischief Children’s Outdoor Mud Kitchen Sand Pit - Peppermint, which is made from pressure treated timber so you know it'll withstand any weather and all the rough and tumble your kids can throw at it.
It includes a removable and washable bowl for their ingredients, a prep area, shelves for their pots and pans and a bench where they can have a pretend picnic with their freshly baked goods!
If you're tight on garden space, we also stock the Rebo Muddy Mischief Children’s Outdoor Mud Kitchen Sand Pit - Chamomile. It's been created with the same sturdy wood as the Peppermint mud kitchen but it's a more compact size. It also has a sink area, shelving and a 'look through' spot so they can still see the outdoors rather than just facing their kitchen!
You can add kitchen toys to your set up to make the fun last even longer. Why not invest in a wooden food set so your kids can pretend to cook more than just mud pies? And don't just buy any sand for your mud kitchen; stock up on our specially-designed non-toxic play sand.
Why purchase a mud kitchen with Outdoor Toys?
We only stock outdoor toys of the highest quality, whether you're after one of our mud kitchen toys, swings, or even a climbing frame for your little monkeys.
Our wooden mud kitchens are designed with your kids' safety in mind. The wood is tough and won't fall apart under pressure or terrible weather. You can feel at ease letting your children and their imaginations run wild with our range of outdoor mud kitchens.
Buy a kids' mud kitchen today and get FREE standard delivery when you spend over £50!